intel 82845g Problem with vista

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by kneekill, Feb 23, 2007.

1. kneekill

kneekill

Hi all,

i recently installed vista (rtm) on my machine sucessfully by i have problem with display...it wont change from 640*480 resolution and 16 bit colour mode....

vista is not supporting my drivers...i searched a lot at intels website and google but could not find any solution..

please help me with the required Graphic drivers or steps to solve this problem..i really cant go for a new PC right now...i heard we can overcome with this problem.....but dont know how.

my system specs are

1) Intel (R) 82845G Graphics Controller

2)Intel (R) 82801 DB Ultra ATA Controller

3)Intel D845GVSR Motherboard

4)Intel Pentium 4 @ 2400 MHZ Processor

kneekill, Feb 23, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. kneekill

kingofnexus

Sorry, hardluck, intel do not support your chipset anymore, hence no Vista compatability.

<TABLE cellSpacing=15 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=subhd>IntelĀ® 82845G Graphics Controller </TD></TR><TR><TD class=bodycopy>End of Interactive Support Announcement
    These products are no longer being manufactured by Intel. Additionally, Intel no longer provides interactive support for these products via telephone or e-mail, nor will Intel provide any future software updates to support new operating systems or improve compatibility with third party devices and software products</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

kingofnexus, Feb 23, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. kneekill

Antrax

Found this commentwhile searching you problem......

(quote).....I agree with you Mark! I have intel 82845g onboard graphics which intel states they will not be releasing vista drivers. The latest release of the drivers from the intel support site work great with vista, you do have to install the driver manually from device manager..(end quote).

give it a try you never know ;)

Antrax, Feb 23, 2007
  4. kneekill

hyjzy

my graphic adapter is intel 82852/82855 which is not compatible to vista yet. The Aero effect cannot be used regretably.:hehe:

hyjzy, Feb 24, 2007
  5. kneekill

kneekill

Finally i made vista work on my pc with latest updates of the drivers for which intel has released for "XP".......and manually installing them..did the job........

but i have some more problems i am not able to use some of the vista Aero feature.

1) Glass--working

2)Dynamic windows--not working

3)Taskbar thumbnails not working..--i went to task bar properties -view thumbnails in task bar check boc is disabled..

4)Windows Flip--working

5)Windows Flip 3D--not working

i went to themes to check wether Windows Areo is present or not.? only vitsa basic is present.......i dont know what to do........please suggest..my PC has the minimum requirements...see the first post..i reinstalled vista but no change. :mellow:

I came through some steps while googling on how to enable Aero Theme on unsupported graphic controllers by editing some registry keys......but they all are for different builds..

i dont know on how to make those registry changes on Vista RTM or Retail releases....right now i am experimenting on how to enable Aero Theme for RTM release..

If any one already have a solution for this please update here...

Thanks a lot for the suggestions.........

kneekill, Feb 26, 2007
  6. kneekill

VistaRocks

Here is a screen shot of the value you need to change. Notice whats circled, those values are fore areo.

VistaRocks, Feb 26, 2007
  7. kneekill

kneekill

I tired changing those registries

but no change..No aero

i heard changing these registries would help in beta versions...but mine is a RTM release..

kneekill, Mar 1, 2007
  8. kneekill

VistaRocks

Mine is the RTM also but mine is ultimate. Those were the exact values i have and areo works for me. Did you restart after changing them?

VistaRocks, Mar 1, 2007
  9. kneekill

SOSDD

I changed those values also, still no aero

SOSDD, Mar 27, 2007
  10. kneekill

WAW8

Those values only work in very limited circumstances, as follows:

1) Your video chipset meets the requirements for Aero support

2) You have installed the WDDM Aeor-compatible Vista video driver

3) You've run Winsat Aurora and it works

4) Aero isn't selected by default.

There have been instances reported using laptops with Intel graphics chipsets that were SUPPOSED to be running Aero but weren't. By hacking the registry, some people were able to restore Aero support.

If Intel doesn't provide a Vista driver for your video chipset, and even then, one that supports Aero, you're not going to get Aero no matter how much registry hacking you do.

I know, I have such a chipset on my laptop and have tried everything posted -- nothing works.

WAW8, Mar 29, 2007
  11. kneekill

tusharji

I downloaded the 14103 W2k and XP graphic driver installation from the Intel
    site and when I executed the app, it said that it did not recognize the O/S.
    That was expected... however... don't acknowlege the message and use Update
    Driver from the Device Manager to drill down to the temp location and install
    the drivers. They work fine for me

tusharji, Apr 30, 2007
  12. kneekill

raghavtej

i too recently installed vista (ultimate) on my machine sucessfully by i have problem with display...it wont change from 640*480 resolution and 16 bit colour mode....

vista is not supporting my drivers...i searched a lot at intels website and google but could not find any solution..

please help me with the required Graphic drivers or steps to solve this problem..i really cant go for a new PC right now...i heard we can overcome with this problem.....but dont know how.

my system specs are

1) Intel (R) 82845G Graphics Controller

2)Intel (R) 82801 DB Ultra ATA Controller

3)Intel D845GVSR Motherboard

4)Intel Pentium 4 @ 2400 MHZ Processor

How did U rectified it. Will u please help me do it as 32-Bit .plz.. Its urgent

raghavtej, Jun 13, 2008
  13. kneekill

kingofnexus

If your running 64bit version of Ultimate, nothing will get it to work.

If your running 32bit, then download the latest driver from here: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/fil...XP+Professional&lang=eng&strOSs=44&submit=Go!

Run the installer. When it says incompatable OS, do NOT close the window.

Instead go to windows temp folder and find where the extracted drivers are. Then go into device manager, right click your graphic display driver - choose 'update driver' - choose 'browse from a file on my computer' amd point it to the extacted folder in the windows temp directory. Agree to any warnings. This should solve your problem.

kingofnexus, Jun 13, 2008
  14. kneekill

WAW8

The sorry fact is that Intel decided some time back to only support graphics drivers in "full" vista modes from the 945 series and newer. If you have anything older (like the 915 series that I have), you're stuck with XP drivers that they ported to Vista.

Sorry, but apart from using their XP-Vista drivers, there is no other solution.

WAW8, Jun 14, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question