Intel 3945ABG, can't connect to campus wireless

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by dschlaefer, Mar 17, 2007.

1. dschlaefer

dschlaefer

Hello everyone, hope I can find a solution to my problem here.

I'm running Vista Ultimate 32 bit in addition to XP Pro on my Gateway M285-E. My school, understandably, has not switched over to Vista yet, but I'm an early adopter.

I'm having problems connecting to my university's wireless network with my Intel 3945ABG adapter. I can view the network fine, and I know the proper login and domain information, but I'm pretty sure the problem lies with the encryption method that our network uses, PEAP.

I have heard that Vista supports PEAP natively, but when I try to connect to our network, it fails each time. I'm pretty sure the problem lies in the encryption method, because when I add the network manually, and choose 802.1x for the security type, the only encryption option that appears is WEP.

I have all of the latest drivers for my hardware, so I'm wondering if anyone knows of a tweak or third-party driver that would enable PEAP for my card.

Thanks for the help,

Dave Schlaefer

dschlaefer, Mar 17, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question