Instant Search on SP1

Discussion in 'Performance & Tweaks' started by Alejandrosv, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Alejandrosv

Alejandrosv

Hello, i heard the rumor that instant search is gone from the menu bar in the new service pack 1. (well more than a rumor, i read it at Paul Thurrott's: http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/winvista_sp1.asplook under "Other Functional Changes"). Can anybody verify this?

And if this is true... can it be re-enabled? without instaling 3rd party software that is.

Thanks.

Alejandrosv, Mar 24, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. Alejandrosv

lolsonjr

It's not gone really as like if you click start and then press the F3 key instant search will appear. I believe it is the windows key + F3 anywhere else. So it's not really gone.

lolsonjr, Mar 25, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. Alejandrosv

Alejandrosv

Is that what they mean when they say "solution for poweruser"?

I'm more into solutions for lazyuser... haha but i guess that should work, thanks.

Alejandrosv, Mar 25, 2008
  4. Alejandrosv

WAW8

Slight correction ... to launch the instant search now, press F3 after clicking the Start menu, or press the WindowsKey + F (not + F3).

WAW8, Mar 25, 2008
  5. Alejandrosv

Alejandrosv

I finally made the jump to sp1, but found what i thought was the instant search in it's place (the white searchbar on the bottom of the start menu). I don't understand then, what changed? When i press the f3 in the start menu or hit windowskey and f the search window comes up, this worked like that before too. what is the diference?

thanks.

Alejandro

Alejandrosv, Mar 30, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question