Installing

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by BATheTechWiz, Jun 20, 2007.

1. BATheTechWiz

BATheTechWiz

When I install Vista, tomorrow hopefully, I read that I need to backup. Does this mean that I will lose everything I have on my system?

Also, will I be able to still use files that are on a flashdrive, even though they were from XP? Or will any files from XP be unusable?

Thanks!

Edit-I got it through my computer company, they said that I would end up with whatever type I have now, but the disk says Business Express. Is this good, does it have a sidebar?

BATheTechWiz, Jun 20, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. BATheTechWiz

MafiaLord91

No. It means if something goes wrong you will have a copy. You are going to want more than a flashdrive also. And almost everything that works on XP will work on Vista. I have never used Business so somebody else needs to answer that one.

MafiaLord91, Jun 20, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. BATheTechWiz

BATheTechWiz

Yah, I only have pictures on flashdrive, I have a mybook, that has the rest.

Thanks!

BATheTechWiz, Jun 20, 2007
  4. BATheTechWiz

WAW8

Answer to your question depends on the type of install. If you do an upgrade, it will retain your files, settings, and programs. If you do a clean install, you will lose everything in the OS partition (hence the word "clean").

Also, what is this Business "Express" edition? What does the DVD look like?

WAW8, Jun 21, 2007
  5. BATheTechWiz

BATheTechWiz

Well, see, its not like in a Vista Case. It came from a company called Modus Link.

I guess I will not do the clean sweep.

The label on the back says Windows Vista Business, does this mean that I don't have the sidebar with gadgets?

BATheTechWiz, Jun 21, 2007
  6. BATheTechWiz

BATheTechWiz

I'm sorry. it is the businees edition. The disk was from HP, and Moduslink, I think they just made their own disk, not sure, but it does have everything on the back of the white papercase.

BATheTechWiz, Jun 21, 2007
  7. BATheTechWiz

Camride

I'm pretty sure business edition still has the sidebar. I had a machine with Business I was working a couple of days ago, but now I can't remember for sure if it had the sidebar or not.

Camride, Jun 22, 2007
  8. BATheTechWiz

Jason

I think sidebar is a standard feature. But everything I've worked with has been Ultimate.

Jason, Jun 22, 2007
  9. BATheTechWiz

warlord

Running business on my Laptop, yes it has the sidebar, it only lacks the Media center, and dvd makerstandard with premium and ultimate...but ithas better security than premium and better access to business inetworks....these are also available in ultimate as well...business will do fine...

warlord, Jun 22, 2007
  10. BATheTechWiz

BATheTechWiz

Well, its on.

I am using it now, and love it. Only bad thing, I lost everything, not the right upgrade edition, but thats ok, the only hard thing is itunes to reinstall.

To save me from losing this again, I bought an external hard drive, smart me!

BATheTechWiz, Jun 22, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question