Installing Vista from Boot

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by aaron0986, Feb 10, 2009.

1. aaron0986

aaron0986

Hello guys,

Ok, well I found this site googling my current problem there was a thread posted here back in september sometime bout the same issue but there didn't seem to be any resolution to the problem posts so I'd figure i would try it again.

Ok when I try to boot my comp with Windows Vista (And even with windows 7) I get through these first stages no problem..

Dos :::: Press any key to boot from CD/DVD
    Windows Is loading please wait (White loading bar)
    Windows Vista usual start loading bar (colorful one)

And this is where the problem begins, It loads the windows installation background and hangs, i have left it for 10-20 mins plus with no luck.

My computer is well past quailified for windows vista and I can install windows xp and upgrade from with xp to vista without a problem at all. I also had the same issue trying to install Windows 7 (but again didn't have any difficulties upgrading from windows vista)

Computer Specs.

Nvidia 780i Sli Mainboard
    Geforce 7950 GT
    4GB Crosshair SLI RAM
    700W Powersupply
    300GB STAT 7200RPM HDD

any help would be greatly appreciate

Thanks in advance,
    Aaron

aaron0986, Feb 10, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. aaron0986

WAW8

There have been numerous reports that Vista can NOT install with 4GB (or more) of memory installed. This only seems to happen when you boot from the DVD. If you install (upgrade) from within Windows, it works OK. Try removing 2GB of memory and see what happens.

WAW8, Feb 10, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question