Installing SATA Drivers for KV8-MAX3

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by Jomanscool2, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Jomanscool2

Jomanscool2

I have Vista 32 currently installed, and am going to install windows vista 64 bit soon. I have my Vista installed on a PATA drive, so I didn't need drivers during installation, but my XP is installed on a SATA disk. How do I install drivers AFTER the initial Vista installation so that I can see my SATA disk? In device manager, it showed "Raid contoler" with a ? next to it, so I inserted the floppy that came with my mobo, and it installed 2 drivers.

Silicon Image SiI 3114 SATARaid Controller and VIA VT8237 Raid Controller.

I restarted vista, but the disk still didn't show up!

Any tips as what to do?

I would love to be able to see my SATA disk, but it wouldn't be the end of teh world if I cannot.

Also, I am going to install 64bit windows on a second PATA drive I have right now, and it would be sick if it is possible to get that to see the SATA drive as well. So would I need new drivers for that?

Edit: so i got the drive to work haha, unplugged it and plugged it back in. Somehow the SATA power plug was upside down (how the hell...). I still have yet to even try it on the 64, but first I need the NIC drivers for 64 bit windows...

Jomanscool2, Oct 3, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question