Installing RC1 on SATA drive with nForce4 chipset? Forget it!

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by Hanahou, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Hanahou

Hanahou

I'd read many forums regarding the troubles installing RC1 on SATA drives and found many suggestions which proved to be useless with my configuration. I'd installed Beta2 on a SATA drive without any problems at all, but RC1 reports "Windows is unable to find a suitable volume for installation". I tried many drivers from nVidia that were supposed to help, but they were of no use to me. I should state that I am <U>not</U> using a RAID setup with the four SATA drives I have.

Now I have the four SATA drives AND an EIDE drive! Yes, I purchased and installed a PATA drive just to see if my troubles would go away. Believe it or not... VISTA RC1 build 5600 32-bit installed without a hitch! Next challenge was to see if the 64-bit version would install. Viola! No problems at all.

Now I can boot to either XP Pro, Vista32 or Vista64. My first impressions of 64 aren't good, but I am impressed with Vista32.

Hanahou, Sep 11, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. Hanahou

harry-3

Had the same problem with RC1 and Asus K8N-VM with my SATA disk. Installed XP and "upgraded" to be able to install RC1.

harry-3, Oct 4, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. Hanahou

ibre34

I didn't have any problems

Asus A8N-SLI, SATA disk

Installed RC1 and RC2

ibre34, Oct 14, 2006
  4. Hanahou

floydt

No problem with nforce 4 ultra d

floydt, Oct 14, 2006