Installing problem

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by HeliX, Jun 11, 2006.

1. HeliX

HeliX

Okay, I reboot the computer, boot from DVD.

I get the screen that says "Windows is loading files", and then I get the screen with the loading bar at the bottom (the one that looks a bit like the standard Windows XP loading bar) and then the screen goes black and nothing happens. I've tried leaving it for a good half hour, still to no avail. Any ideas?

HeliX, Jun 11, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. HeliX

zxxgp

I have the same problem. And the people on this forum have not post on the problem.

zxxgp, Jun 11, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. HeliX

zxxgp

what hardware do you have?

zxxgp, Jun 11, 2006
  4. HeliX

sevin

Sounds like the installation hasnt finished. Choose last known good configuration at boot. Then the installation will continue. Let us know if that worked

sevin, Jun 11, 2006
  5. HeliX

zxxgp

i am talking about booting from the DVD so you can install. Not after you install. (can't try through xp cuz Vista is 64-bit (yes i have a 64-bit CPU)).

zxxgp, Jun 11, 2006
  6. HeliX

HeliX

AMD64 3000+

1.5GB of Kingston RAM

Radeon 9800Pro 128MB

HeliX, Jun 11, 2006
  7. HeliX

Jason

Where did you download your install from? Torrent? Or is a real Beta 2 from ms? Could be bad download. Otherwise I don't know what to say besides the fact that this is a BETA operating system, so it will have problems and glitches.

Jason, Jun 11, 2006
  8. HeliX

zxxgp

I got it from MS. It is the legal Beta2 iso. I know it is not the iso because the DVD i made worked fine on my friend's computer. I know it is a beta. The thing is older betas worked fine. It is just this one that does not work.

zxxgp, Jun 11, 2006
  9. HeliX

zxxgp

What mother board do you have?

zxxgp, Jun 13, 2006
  10. HeliX

zxxgp

can anybody help us?????????

zxxgp, Jun 15, 2006
  11. HeliX

Jason

All I can really say is to rather then running of the DVD, mount the .iso to a virtual drive using the method which is pinned in the forum. It can be a lot of things so its hard to say whats causing it.

Jason, Jun 15, 2006
  12. HeliX

Bully

I am having this problem too, i could not even get to the install now screen until i unplugged my GFX card, after this i can choose to install, enter my product key, then i get the advanced install option to select which drive, which it see's both my sata HDdrives without drivers, i select drive then click nextthen i get the copying windows files which is when it locks up, when i move my mouse the arrow does not move and the % stops increasing, i have not got over 30%.

My system=

Asus P4R800-V Deluxe MB (ATI 9100 IGP chipset)

Asus ATI AX800XT Platinum 256mb AGP

Intel P4 3.0ghz HT

2gb corsiar ram

2 samsung sata HD'S (SiS 180 cntroller)(not raid configured)

Audigy 2 zs sound card

Bully, Jun 16, 2006
  13. HeliX

Jason

Sounds like you burned the dvd bad, or download got corrupted. First try burning it again, then try re-downloading beta 2. IF that doesnt work you can try installing it on a different partition since that one may be screwy for some reason. Take your pick, but its really hard to say what is causing that issue.

Jason, Jun 16, 2006
  14. HeliX

niffer022

and you defo have downloaded the 64bit vista beta????????

also did you burn the disc yourself, or a friend do it for you, is the vista disc compatable with your dvd drive????

did you do a clean install or an upgrade???

on this comp im using now i did a clean install and it install straight away, no problems, onmy other pc i did an upgrade and it took hours, it was stuck on a black screen for well over 45 mins, then on its own it sorted its self out.... the thing is with a upgrade, vista has to sort all your files out and move and shuffle them about to make room for its self. thats why that option takes forever.....

im using 32bit version though, so this info is a guess from what i have learnt from this version..

hope some of that helped you out, if not let us know and ill have another think :D

niffer022, Jun 16, 2006
  15. HeliX

Bully

I downloaded it myself, it's the 32 bit version and i burnt it to DVD myself using Nero7and am trying to do a clean install booting from the DVD in the DVD drive i used to burn it.

Bully, Jun 17, 2006
  16. HeliX

niffer022

it can be 1 of 2 problems then..

1.) bad copy

2.) hardware confliction.

we will go with the first one, do another copy of vista but this time use alcohol 120%, i used nero 7 at the begining and for some reason even though it had burnt proper, the comp would not read the disc...

give that a go and let us know..

if that dont work then it could be a hardware problem, and the only way round that is to unplug the soundcard and the gfx card and try it that way..

but i would try the first option first mate.. keep us informed on how it goes.. :)

niffer022, Jun 17, 2006
  17. HeliX

Jason

Also, this is important when you burn the DVD, burn it at the slowest speed you can usually 1x or 2x. This ensures a better quality burn.

Jason, Jun 17, 2006
  18. HeliX

Bully

Right, I have not tried a re-burn yet, I have got a little further but the way i've tried it isthis, Unplugged sound and GFX card theninstalled XP pro and then choose to upgrade with vista, it copies all files and then gathers all files then it expands files to about 21% then reboots on reboot it gets to the scrolling silver bar and locks up and i have to reset, then for some reason after the reset it will load up back to expanding files again and gets to 85% and locks up and wont do any more, then when i reset i get the boot menu with 2 options 1= load older os or2=roll back os.

Bully, Jun 17, 2006
  19. HeliX

zxxgp

The thing that is so weird about my problem is the older betas worked. And i know it is not the CD cuz it worked on my friend's comp. Any ideas???

zxxgp, Jun 17, 2006
  20. HeliX

Jason

How long are you letting it "freeze" for before reseting? It may not actually be frozen, could be worth it to just let it sit like that for a few hours and see if it makes progress.

Jason, Jun 17, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question