Installing Office XP Pro on Vista Home Basic

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by mikerossi, Feb 23, 2009.

1. mikerossi

mikerossi

Hi,

I am trying to run Outlook (installed from Office XP Pro) on a Vista Home Basic notebook. I am getting all the time: 'Unable to open yr default e-mail folders.' When I try to define a new account in TOOLS/E-mails account/ I find outthat this menuis missing. Everything else in Office is working properly. Can anybody help?

Thanks/Mike

mikerossi, Feb 23, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. mikerossi

WAW8

We're not really an MS Office forum, so we can't get into a lot of details on this, but below is a link to a thread on another forum about your problem. Unfortunately, this appears to be an ongoing problem and, according to Dell support, this has not been fixed:

[url]http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=168595 [/url]

Probably has something to do with the fact that MS replaced Outlook Express with Windows Mail in Vista, and perhaps the "real" outlook shared one or more DLLs with Outlook Express.

WAW8, Feb 23, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. mikerossi

mikerossi

Hi,

Thnks/Mike

mikerossi, Feb 23, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question