Installed Vista Business 32 bit and I get the boot screen on statup??

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by jjr, Apr 4, 2014.

1. jjr

jjr

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I just installed Vista Business 32bit and used the custom install setting What happens that when I turn on the PC see a message that I have the option to boot from a previous version of Windows or boot from Vista?? If I click on vista and hit enter. It works as it should.

What did I do wrong???

See the pix, I deleted wjat was in the unallocated area? How can I wipe my HD and start fresh? Also the Vista installation almost took up 80gb? somthing wrong there also ;-)

httmm cany post the pix yet!!!!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    jjr, Apr 4, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. jjr

Gilgamesh

You didn't do anything wrong.
    The Microsoft install process recognised that there was already a windows installation on the hard disk and installed Vista along side it so to give you the choice of your old and new OS during the boot. So everything is working as it should.

With regards to wiping the hard disk.
    During the install process you can delete the partition that contains the old OS which "should" be sufficient (no guarantee).
    Alternatively you can use a utility that will write zeros to the front of the disk. But be warned - this will delete every single partition from your hard disk. There are several that can do this; a trial version of HD Tune Pro, or the free Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostic (the bootable DOS version) come to mind.

Gilgamesh, May 11, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. jjr

HrDel7

i have read Gilgamesh's reply, it is ok but after you will erase the partition, i recommend using easybcd for managing boot screen and stuff if you still have 2 options/ pc doesn't boot to vista automatically. it is really helpful and easy-breezy!

HrDel7, Aug 7, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question