Installed new Motherboard.. Vista won't load now :( so frusterated!

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by bkabe, Jul 14, 2007.

1. bkabe

bkabe

Please can someone help me.. I have been searching for hours now! I installed a new motherboard MSI K9NU Neo.. dual ram OCZ plat. 2 gb... and AMD Athlon 64 X2 CPU. Vista Ultimate won't load... I tried, safemode, regular and loading from DVD. NOTHING! All that happens is the computer shuts off and reboots to main screen (where I have a choice of going to bios or loading windows) I have searched and found that this has something to do with the drivers for my motherboard..so my question is: how do I get Vista to load?

bkabe, Jul 14, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. bkabe

bkabe

Okay I have got this far now.. It was suggested I use a repair install.. all is fine until I get to the screen after the microsoft logo with status bar.. dark blue/light blue/green screen. It just sits there.. then my computer shuts off!

bkabe, Jul 14, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. bkabe

kingofnexus

Can you press f8 andboot into safe mode? You could uninstall any motherboard specific drivers there.

Best bet is to back up any important files, then do a custom install of vista. This should move everything into a windows.old folder so all files can be moved back, and you wont need to use your back up files.

kingofnexus, Jul 15, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question