Installation Problems on Vista 5270!!

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Guest, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi There! Im having some problems installing vista 5270. It will start the installation, do its first reboot, then when it goes to install the rest, it comes up with an error says: An error occurred whilst copying files.

I have tried installing at first the 64-bit version, then the 32-bit version, and still the same error!? I have also tried burning both versions to DVD, and installing them, installing them off a virtual drive by mounting them, extracting all the files to a folder and installing them, and still come up with the same error!!

I have also tried to install it on another machine, but coming up with the same problem?! I got both copies of Vista (32 bit version and 64 bit) from different sources.

On my main machine, I am running:

Athlon 64 3400+

MSI K8N Neo Platinum edition mobo

nVidia GeForce 6800

1.5Gb Geil RAM

160Gb Maxtor IDE HDD

250Gb Maxtor SATA HDD

Thanks for all your help!!

Guest, Feb 20, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. Guest

_Venom_

Sounds to me, although I'm not sure, that your downloads could either be corrupt or be missing files.

If it was pirated, there's a decent chance that it's missing files...

I would say that you had burned them incorrectly but if your still having the same problems even off a virtual drive, then that can't be the issue.

By the way, the 64bit edition won't run on 32bit computers, so what processor are you running?

_Venom_, Feb 20, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Yea, i think it might b the downloads, but its just weird, cos i got both copies from different sources! Im runnin an AMD Athlon 64 3400+ Processor with 1Mb Cach! So i dont think thats a prob! Cheers, DanUrbanski.

Guest, Feb 21, 2006
  4. Guest

Jason

If you dont think its the download then try burning it using different software or another computer or at a lower speed like 2x

Jason, Feb 21, 2006
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

Ok, Ive tried downloading ANOTHER copy last nite, and same prob Ive tried burning with different software, but ive got only the 1 DVD burner. Its an LG +/- Dual Layer one, and never had any problems with it before! Oh Well! Fingers crossed for the new build that menna b comin out this week! Anyone know what build number it is going to be?? Thanks, DanUrbanski.

Guest, Feb 22, 2006
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

Forgot to mention, it shouldnt matter about burning though if u install off a virtual drive?! Cheers, DanUrbanski.

Guest, Feb 22, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question