Installation problem with 3connect uk Huawei E353 on Windows Vista?

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by cjrobertson1, Mar 4, 2012.

1. cjrobertson1

cjrobertson1

I have just purchased Huawei E353 dongle. Supposed to be plug and play, the install shield wizard states that it has been installed correctly, but when I attempt to open 3connect dashboard, I'm told this program has stopped working. Vista business 32bit SP2 Dell Inspiron 6400 (E1505) Any ideas?

Have uninstalled and reinstalled repeatedly, removed other internet software both through control panel and internet options....Have run MS security essentials scans and Antimalwarebytes scans also. Have performed clean boots eliminating services and startup progs using msconfig.exe, and also safe start, with and without the dongle in place and with and without the software installed....all to no avail! I've unistalled again. I've also enabled remote settings in control panel>administrative tools>services...not getting anywhere here. I should also add, I have been on the phone to 3 mbb support, and after going through the obvious, they,ve left me high and dry....no surprise there though...

cjrobertson1, Mar 4, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question