Installation failed: ATI hd 2400 xt Vista business

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by MarkoT, Oct 28, 2007.

1. MarkoT

MarkoT

<P style="BACKGROUND: white"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">
    After fresh installation of Windows Vista Business edition on new Acer Travel mate 5720 laptop with ATI HD 2400 XT graphic card (256 MB dedicate memory) I try everything to install video drivers.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p><P style="BACKGROUND: white"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">I download all drivers from </SPAN>​
    </SPAN><P style="BACKGROUND: white"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"></SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebook/travelmate_5720/vista/Drivers/<o:p></o:p></SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"></SPAN><P style="BACKGROUND: white"><P style="BACKGROUND: white"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Installation start but I notice that there is no driver’s installed (custom and express installation). Currently I have bios version 1.16 and all updates and patches installed. Of course I activated <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Vista</st1:place> and try after that to install drivers but without success. I have one more problem to install Bluetooth to. Installation after start failed with error that there is no Bluetooth device on system.<o:p></o:p></SPAN><P style="BACKGROUND: white"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">PLS HELP!!!<o:p></o:p></SPAN>

:w00t:

MarkoT, Oct 28, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. MarkoT

WAW8

OK -- looked at the VGA ATI Zip file. So, what happens when you run the setup.exe file? Are you selecting "Run as Administrator" when you run it? How are you verifying that no video drivers get installed? By looking in Device Manager? By looking in Control Panel --> Programs and Features?

WAW8, Oct 30, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question