In vista ADMINISTRATOR (for permissions) USERNAME and PASSWORD must be setup (required?) during inst

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by lse123, Apr 21, 2009.

1. lse123

lse123

I have a DSL MODEM with wireless g function , well is needed setup anything in windows for security when PC is on (modem is always on) ?

In vista ADMINISTRATOR (for permissions) USERNAME and PASSWORD must be setup (required?) during installation or may do not needed ? In case you do not setup what is happen ?

My PC setup by a technician not me, well where find id/password of ADMINISTRATOR for vista ? there is case, non setup and must setup by me ? Is good ADMINISTRATOR have password for laptops or desktops ?

lse123, Apr 21, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. lse123

WAW8

Let's deal with the last question first -- NO, there is no way that you can find the current Administrator password. If there was, it wouldn't be very secure, would it?

Also, realize that you are probably logging in as a general user with (maybe) some admin rights; you are most probably NOT the real Administrator.

This will probably severely limit what you can do in terms of setting and changing networking parms.

If your PC was setup by a technician, and it's your PC (meaning, you own it), the technician is obligated to suppy you the Administrator password. Otherwise, you will need to have the technician setup the networking stuff for you.

WAW8, Apr 21, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question