Improve the Windows Performance Index

Discussion in 'Performance & Tweaks' started by gears117, Jul 11, 2010.

1. gears117

gears117

My original Performance Index was 4.7 until yesterday, but long ago I added a 300 GB external Hard Drive to my PC Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit and I updated my video card with the last drivers available :cool: , but I had not updated the score. And today, doing this, I noticed that the "Desktop Performance for Windows Aero" are down 0.6 points :crazy:!! How is it possible? I never changed the video settings on my PC :crazy: !! Usually, what should be the lowering of "Desktop Performance for Windows Aero"? How can I increase it again?

gears117, Jul 11, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. gears117

WAW8

There are ways to "hack" the performance values -- but they don't accomplish anything other than change the value that is displayed.

From time to time, MS changes the algorithm they use to compute the values. Looks like that happened to you.

Unless the values are preventing you from doing something basic (i.e., stopping Aero from working), there's nothing that changing them is going to do for you.

WAW8, Jul 11, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. gears117

gears117

And so move to the other scores: how can I do to increase the values of other objects? (For 3D graphics performance, I'm fine with 5.2, but for other values does not reach 5 !!) PS: sorry if I sound too demanding XDXD , but try to see some useful methods ... thank you very much in advance!)

gears117, Jul 12, 2010
  4. gears117

WAW8

Basically -- you don't -- increase the scores, at least, not intentionally.

The scores are set by MS's own algorithms, which they won't share with the public.

If a particular piece of hardware is keeping your overall score down, and you replace it with something a lot more powerful and/or faster, and you rerun your performance index, you SHOULD see your scores improve.

WAW8, Jul 12, 2010
  5. gears117

gears117

Only by replacing the hardware? Could I not update those already present through the driver updates (driver processor and RAM, if they exist, since the video driver I have already installed, but as I said, instead of raising, the score was lowered by 0.6 points!) ?

gears117, Jul 13, 2010
  6. gears117

WAW8

Unless you start out by using an early Beta of a driver, which then gets major performance improvement when the final version is released, don't expect to see any score improvements resulting from driver updates.

But as I said earlier, changing the scores is not going to accomplish anything useful.

WAW8, Jul 13, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question