Importing OE6 files to Vista's Windows Mail

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Jeo, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Jeo

Jeo

I transfered my old OE6 emails (dbx files) to my new PC. Then used vista's Windows Mail to import them. However, instead of integrating them with the inbox, it created a new folder called "Imported Folder" and placed them in there. I know you can drag the folders into the inbox but the import tool said they are still in the old OE6 format and not the new Windows Mail format. This might cause a problem if I direct emails to these folders using message rules.<UL><LI>So, is there a way to convert them (dbx) to the new Windows Mail format?</LI><LI>What are Windows Mail storage file types called, and where are they?</LI>[/list]

Jeo, Jan 21, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. Jeo

Jeo

... Ok, I managed to locate the Windows Mail storage folders. It looks as though they were converted after all. Not sure about the .eml format, if there is any difference but the storage folders look as though I can drag them to the inbox. :).

Jeo, Jan 21, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question