Import .eml files from d drive into Windows Mail

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Caricature artist, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Caricature artist

Caricature artist

HELP!
    4 nights ago my Vista laptop crashed and i lost everything. Thankfully, I had Norton 360 backup, but sadly, it was not set to back up my email. In order to get the machine to turn on, i had to boot it from the system recovery disk, and now it is back up and running, but sort of sick looking, and empty of all the work files--which are now on the office pc. I found RecoverMyFiles.com and loaded it today on the vista laptop and recovered the emails and now they are sitting in the D drive. All are from Windows Mail and are .eml files.
    How do i get them from the d drive back into my windows mail account? They are all randomly jumbled up.
    Sorry to be so ignorant, but I am not a technical person. I would really appreciate any and all suggestions, but please write them in layman's language, i just do not understand a lot of the jargon, and every time I think i know something about my computer, I realize there are about a million things I don't know.

Caricature artist, Jan 7, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question