I'm new...and have a small issue

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SweetTea023, Jun 22, 2007.

1. SweetTea023

SweetTea023

Hello all! My name is Nick and I'm from Illinois. I just purchased a Dell Inspiron Laptop with Vista Home Premium as I will be leaving for college this fall. So far Vista is great and I haven't had any issues, except for one. This may be a laptop problem unrelated to Vista but sometime I will click randomly. Even if my hands are away from the keyboard and mouse space I will still make a random click. This is very annoying and can be a real problem when trying to get work done. It happens about once every 3 or 4 minutes but doesn't seem to have any particular reason to click. Anyone encounter this problem before? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

nick

SweetTea023, Jun 22, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. SweetTea023

cyclic

Go into control panel and open the sounds controls, scroll down the list of event sounds until you find 'start navigation' and using the scroll arrow head at the end set this event to 'none' (its at the top of the list) save and exit, this should make it it stop. It occurs not only when you make a click with the mouse (which it wont now !) but also some background tasks wrongly use the 'start navigation' sound when starting to run an ongoing task, like indexing or similar.

If this doesn't fix it there may be a hardware 'click' from something which would need more investigation to establish if it's harmful or not, it could be the fan kicking in for instance which whilst annoying, your stuck with. I have a feeling the above suggestion will cure it for you.

cyclic, Jun 23, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question