I'm getting error: System is busy and cannot initialize. Please try again later.

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by seamustry, Feb 11, 2008.

1. seamustry

seamustry

Everytime I try to use Control Panel or something else administrative, I get this error:

System is busy and cannot initialize. Please try again later.

After I click OK everything works but it is kinda annoying having to click it each time I want to do something.

I upgraded yesterday to Vista business from xp pro.

Help??

seamustry, Feb 11, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. seamustry

WAW8

Did you do a "clean" installation (wipe the drive, install from scratch)? Or did you do an "upgrade" installation (retain the accounts, settings, programs, and data files)?

The latter has been known to be plagued with problems. IF this is what you did, it's unlikely that you'll be able to fix it.

WAW8, Feb 11, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. seamustry

seamustry

Yeah I upgraded from XP Pro SP2 that originally came with my laptop (about 3 years ago).

I wanted to try Vista and it works great but I think I'll do a clean install this weekend and that should make it run even better.

seamustry, Feb 12, 2008
  4. seamustry

WAW8

Just make sure you hunt down and store off all the drivers your machine and hardware will need. Laptops generally have special drivers for builti-in hardware (such as buttons, touchpad, etc). You will need to get those from the laptop provider.

WAW8, Feb 12, 2008
  5. seamustry

seamustry

Thanks for the heads up...but Dell's only giving XP drivers for my laptop. Can I make them run somehow in Vista?

seamustry, Feb 12, 2008
  6. seamustry

WAW8

Simple answer - NO.

More complex answer, it depends -- on what the degree the XP driver relied heavily on an OS infrastructure layer/component that doesn't exist in Vista anymore, or doesn't work the same way.

So, basically, the only way you'll know is on a case-by-case basis for individual drivers.

I'm running Vista Business on a tablet PC, and some of the hardware drivers (touchpad, screen rotation, buttons, audio) are the XP drivers and they work fine. I had to experiment with each and every driver, and also, hunted down drivers for similar models. What ended up working is a mixture of XP and Vista drivers spread across three different models of tablet. But hey -- it works!

WAW8, Feb 13, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question