If I Upgrade to Windows 7, will the Audio be restored on my computer?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Khaliem, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Khaliem

Khaliem

There has been a red "X" on my volume icon, and i cannot get sound. Ive tried every possible situation like system restores and getting realtek. I tried to get conexant but i got an error message "could not find the MEDIA device for this driver."

So i am wondering if Upgrading to windows 7 will restore my audio

Khaliem, Jan 18, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Khaliem

WAW8

Given that, in the great majority of cases, Win7 drivers are based upon Vista drivers, unless the hardware vendor has gone out of the way to write NEW Win7 drivers, if a piece of hardware does not work under Vista, it's very likely that it will NOT work under Win7 as well.

The difference is, that with Win7, you have a greater variety of compatibility modes for installing apps and drivers; thus, there is the outside possibility that it MIGHT work in Win7, while it does not work in Vista.

However, MS completely re-engineered the audio model for Vista, rendering nearly all the early audio drivers unusable. So, if this is your situation (you have an early Vista audio driver that does not work), and your vendor has not released either (1) updated Vista drivers that DO work, or (2) new Win7 drivers, then I go back to my original assertion that upgrading to Win7 is most likely to NOT improve your audio driver problem.

WAW8, Jan 19, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question