IE7 in RC1 Problem Adding Favorites

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by isoteric, Sep 12, 2006.

1. isoteric

isoteric

Ok, so I have RC1 installed, and everything is pretty much running fine. For some reason however, in IE, it will not let me make any new bookmarks. When I try, I get the following error:

Unable To Create 'insert page here'

Unspecified Error

...wtf?? I have no idea what this is all about. My favorites folder is located on a secondary partition, and all of them show up without issue and work with no problems, but for some reason IE refuses to let me add any new ones. Anyone have any ideas?

isoteric, Sep 12, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. isoteric

FJWerner

Your problem is most likely caused by the new Protected mode in IE7. A great feature to stop unknown nasties from having effects on the OS, but a pain in the butt with regard to performing normal tasks such as adding a favorite. If you go into Tools/Internet Options/Security and clear the Protected Mode box.. it'll scream at you :), but you'll be able to add new favorites again. A tough decision is to decide to leave it turned off or go through the hassle of back and forth setting that function (unless someone knows an easier way to access it). At any rate, that SHOULD clear up your problem.

FJWerner, Sep 14, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question