IE7 Beta Help!

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by bballs91, Jun 5, 2006.

1. bballs91

bballs91

Hey Guys, First Post here and I love the layout, very windows Vista-ish ;).

Anyway, my problem is that whenever I start IE7 Beta2 for Vista (5384.4) it acts normal but whenever I go to type in an address or go to the tools or anything else it will freeze and I have to close it via Task Manager.

When I first Vista Beta 2 IE7 worked fine for the first few days, but then it randomly started acting strange, i didn't install any other software.

Also, i tried to uninstall or re-install but I can't find a download for the Vista version of IE7 Beta or a way to uninstall it, and the XP Version won't work, even in XP compatability mode.

Is anyone else having similiar issues or know how to resolve this issue?

bballs91, Jun 5, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. bballs91

Jason

You can try re-installing windows, and if that doesnt work. Your download may be corrupt so try redownloading. I dont know of a way to just reinstall or install IE7 yet, it is also not available for download yet.

Jason, Jun 5, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. bballs91

bballs91

Argh, it used to work so i doubt its corrupt? But i'm gonna keep lookin..

bballs91, Jun 6, 2006
  4. bballs91

Mika

MyIE Beta appears to be normal with one exception, when I try to type <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">@ it is impossible, I have to paste it in from Word. The Google search toolbar is working, but no adresses can be tiped directlyor in the search bar of Yahoo. I called IE 7 help, they told me to go to extras and return all internet options to the beginning - Nothing at all happened.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">I hope you understand me, I am German speaking. Thank you

Mika, Jun 9, 2006
  5. bballs91

Mika

MyIE Beta appears to be normal with one exception, when I try to type <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">@ it is impossible, I have to paste it in from Word. The Google search toolbar is working, but no adresses can be tiped directlyor in the search bar of Yahoo. I called IE 7 help, they told me to go to extras and return all internet options to the beginning - Nothing at all happened.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">I hope you understand me, I am German speaking. Thank you

Mika, Jun 9, 2006
  6. bballs91

bballs91

Ja Mika, dein Englisch ist gut ;).

Also i'm having trouble getting URGE to work on WMP11 in Vista. WMP11 needs to download a security update to run URGE, but whenever it goes to download it opens it in IE7, even though Firefox is set as my default browser for everything, and seeing that my IE7 doesn't work i can't use Urge in Vista.

bballs91, Jun 11, 2006
  7. bballs91

BigDawg986

VISTA installed great-Clean install, not upgrade and I have a similiar problem. IE7 worked but was sluggish at first, now it freezes everytime I try to launch it. Firefox works fine although it too seems a bit slower than it should. BTW I have an Intel 3.4 GHz CPU, 1GB RAM, and 256MB dedicated Video RAM. Vista and Office 2007 Beta are all great except this IE7 problem. FWIW IE7 ran like doo doo under my XP config on the same box.

BigDawg986, Jun 11, 2006
  8. bballs91

Jason

Were you guys installing the x86 or x64 version of beta 2? Just trying to narrow it down.

Jason, Jun 11, 2006
  9. bballs91

BigDawg986

x86 version here.

BigDawg986, Jun 12, 2006
  10. bballs91

BigDawg986

SOLVED! OK, at least partially. I disabled all the add-ons (Adode, SHockwave, Java etc) and added them back one by one. One of the Java Browser Helper Objects- SSVHelper Class (ssv.dll) was causing the freeze. It is still darn slow but at least it works.

BigDawg986, Jun 12, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question