IE fails to open, then lose program operability and task manager is gone

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by scrag, Dec 9, 2008.

1. scrag

scrag

I first noticed this problem a few days ago. These problems happen after using the macinne for a while.

1st - I try accessing the internet and nothing happens the time icon thing shows up and moves there is extremely slow movement on the progress bar - generally I exit IE.

2nd - Lose ability to open an .exe file - I am told that I do not have "permissions to do so" (eventhough I have already run the program)

3rd - Task manager is gone I get a message box about failed security permissions

4th - Computer will not repond to restart commands through window.

I eventually reboot the system by hitting the button.

Any ideas?

scrag, Dec 9, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. scrag

scrag

Here is what I have done so far to know effect..

Windows Defender was on - I deactivated via the short cut and MSCONFIG as I already have AVG and no need of it plus I had read that causes a problem similar to what I was seeing. Thought that was it - but today it reoccurred the message you get when you try to access task manager is "Failure - security options" in a boc lined by red.

any ideas?

scrag, Dec 13, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. scrag

WAW8

This can happen when the Windows Update software distribution folder (winsxs) gets corrupted. See our pinned post on repairing Windows Updates.

WAW8, Dec 15, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question