IE 7 and anti-virus help! Please

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by dmb83fan41, Oct 27, 2006.

1. dmb83fan41

dmb83fan41

I am using Vista RC1 Build 5600 and can't get Windows IE 7 to run. I get an error stating

It’s not compatible. I thought it was. Any solutions on how to make IE 7 operate. I am using mozilla now, but some of my other work requires IE.

My other problem is with Norton Antivirus 2006. How can I manually remove 06? Vista will not let me remove it fully through the add/remove programs. Seems to go so far and "time out" on me or freeze. I would like to install an antivirus that is compatible with Vista. Any suggestions? :unsure:

Thanks everyone!

dmb83fan41, Oct 27, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. dmb83fan41

ezzagood

hi to get rid of your nortons the best way to get rid of it is with a system restore ,, there is 2 ways of doing this 1 through control panel back up and retsore centre .. or 2 boot your pc with vista disk in it go through the process till you get to the install window but click on the system restore at the bottom left corner .. if you need a good av try avast ... works well with vista ,, the problem you might be having with ie7 sounds like a bad in stall go to microsoft web site and down load ie7 and install with that

nic

ezzagood, Nov 6, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question