I see where Micrsoft has lowered Vista prices

Discussion in 'Vista News' started by lolsonjr, Jun 9, 2008.

1. lolsonjr

lolsonjr

At least for the upgrade to Ultimate anyway. Depends I guess on what version of Vista you already have but, from the message I just received I get it for $159.00 now. Which I sure am going to take very shortly. That price is really nice.

lolsonjr, Jun 9, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. lolsonjr

lolsonjr

While this deal is one I took, it's not exactly as good as it sounds. Lets see why. I bought an upgrade of Vista Basic, Vista Home Premium, and I got an OEM copy of Vista Home Premium. Going to the Microsoft site and deciding to upgrade to Ultimate I found I got charged a Windows Anytime Upgrade Disk which I already have. Appeared to be no way to get that taken off. Delievery in 2 to 4 weeks, and it already came. But, two things here. One is you can not download Microsoft Vista Ultimate Upgrade, just plain not allowed. The other one is the one I do not agree with. If you have an Windows Anytime Upgrade Disk all you need is a digital License to get started, and that did not appear when I bought the upgrade. And frankly I don't know why one has to wait for all of this when one already has everything but one to get started, right away.

lolsonjr, Jun 21, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question