I need help no one will take responsibilty for internet connection

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by mrsbeetlebum, Mar 8, 2007.

1. mrsbeetlebum

mrsbeetlebum

AOL - Vista connectivity, anyone having problems with internet connection? anyone please help me!

mrsbeetlebum, Mar 8, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. mrsbeetlebum

VistaRocks

I don't use AOL. Have you tried any other browsers? Do you have dial up or broadband? I recall someone else posting about problems with AOL dialer with dial up. What version of AOL are you using?

VistaRocks, Mar 8, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. mrsbeetlebum

Jim W

Jim W, Mar 9, 2007
  4. mrsbeetlebum

kingofnexus

I'm on AOL, but I use a router to connect to the internet with, I suggest you get one, it makes life so much easier. Never again will I ever use the AOL application, Internet Explorer is soooo much easier. Loads faster too.

kingofnexus, Mar 11, 2007
  5. mrsbeetlebum

VenusKneels

Hi MrsBeetlebum,

It's a vista problem not aol. I know this because my xp run computers have no problem connecting but the vista run ones do. After getting the run around by everyone and almost losing the will to live I found the answer. If like me and aol stops at the third stage of opening you have the same problem.

Tadman_99 gave the answer in a post to this forum and thank god it worked.

http://forums.microsoft.com/technet/ShowPost.aspx?postid=2883935&isthread=false&siteid=17

if you have any problems following the instructions drop me a note and I'll help you. I've also passed this information onto AOL technical department because they are still insisting it's a duff computer or some other rubbish advice. All I can say it now both my vista computers can access AOHell with no real disadvantage from the disabled optimum page sizing disabled.

Good luck Mrs B

Misha

VenusKneels, Feb 27, 2008
  6. mrsbeetlebum

WAW8

You really think "she" is still sitting around nearly a year later waiting for a reply?

I'm going to be moving this to the Technical Support forum (where it should have been in the first place).

WAW8, Feb 27, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question