I love Vista

Discussion in 'Main Lounge' started by lorenkjr, Oct 26, 2007.

1. lorenkjr

lorenkjr

Ok so we hav had the I hate Vista, so now lets have the I love Vista. It's more stable above Vista Home Basic, it really begins to offer some meat to the operating system. Far more than XP does including Stickies, Spell checker in the Windows Mail (vastly improved over Outlook Express) as if I wondered how long it would take before this was done. Networking is better though somewhat harder to use as there still are somewhat archaic instuctions. Far as me is concerned the dektop is better laid out and easier to use. Sure Vista takes memory to run but, since you can do more whats the big deal????????? Oh drivers, well like it is said you may have to do some upgrading in this department, which is nothing really new. I see people asking for patches already, I thought that was the purpose of the online updates right????????? I suspect Vista has way more to offer than I have even looked at yet, and like I said for me at least it is far more stable than XP ever was.

lorenkjr, Oct 26, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. lorenkjr

chrisscorsese88

I agree, but when you buy Vista, you should know that you have to buy one with a lot of RAM, at least 2 to begin with, since Vista runs 1 GB and everything else uses 1/4 GB, so 2 should be the minimum.

Vista is definitely more stable and it's been so much easier for me to look for stuff in folders when I forget where I put things. Vista > XP, although like I said, get a computer with at least 2 GB of RAM with a dual-core processor for it to run faster.

chrisscorsese88, Oct 26, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. lorenkjr

lorenkjr

Actually I did get a new computer with plenty of ram (2 gig's) and well an all right 1.83 ghz. processor * 2 Intel Dual Core. It's much better than what I was using. I have to admit it makes a big difference with Vista. Vista has so much more to offer than XP. I still have yet to understand why the Federal Government has not adopted it???????????

lorenkjr, Nov 14, 2007
  4. lorenkjr

chrisscorsese88

Probably just some incompatibility issues programs have with it.

chrisscorsese88, Nov 14, 2007
  5. lorenkjr

MrMagic

Since I work for the Federal Government, I can give you the answer. MONEY! 95% of the CPU's we have in use simply are not capable of running Vista because of hardward limitations and cost of upgrading hardware plusbuying Vista would be beyond staggering! We will have to do it of course when MS drops support of XP but that will be some time away yet. There is also the problem of application compatibility, which considering the number and type of applications run, is no small consideration.

MrMagic, Nov 15, 2007
  6. lorenkjr

daArch

well I am happy to see someone satisfied with Vista. Maybe now I won't sell ALL my stock :p

Well, I guess it's like politics. Even bad policies have a few backers.

daArch, Nov 15, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question