i have reinstalled the vista and i need help

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by f_hidri, Jan 15, 2008.

1. f_hidri

f_hidri

hi.

i had to reinstall the win vista and now is NOT activatting the software. i dont know what to do i only have 3 days left i have had the PC for 10 months i got it from PC world sowhy is it not working any help please my time is running out

many thanks

f_hidri, Jan 15, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. f_hidri

WAW8

I'm guessing that your machine came preinstalled with Vista, right? If that's true, it was installed originally using an OEM disk, and an OEM install can only be activated once.

If you have a sticker with a product key, you can call MS (get a number by entering "slui.exe 4" in the start button text area and selecting your local country), and they MIGHT give you a new product key. But since you didn't purchase the OEM product, they probably will not.

In which case, you'll have to contact the supplier of the machine and have THEM reactivate it for you -- which will probably mean sending it back to them, in which case they will wipe the machine and reimage it from scratch.

You have no other options -- OEM keys can only be activated once.

WAW8, Jan 15, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. f_hidri

f_hidri

thanks a lot i rang the phone and did it through the phone very easy again thanks a lot mateu made my day

f_hidri, Jan 15, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question