I have problem in vista 32 bit during connecting hard disk to my computer via IED -USB cable..I want

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by tito_66, Jul 12, 2009.

1. tito_66

tito_66

when I connect hard disk to my laptop via IDE-USB cable this error message appear (usb device is not recognized) ..although I tried to connect this cable to another USB openings in my laptop but this silly message still appear so how can I make vista recognize this hard disk via IDE-USB cable and you should know that I have windows vista home premium 32 bit and also when I connect any another usb device as my nokia mobile or usb mouse to my laptop they work well without any problem as this silly message :( does not appear except when I connect hard disk to laptop via IDE-USB cable.

thank you for help.

tito_66, Jul 12, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. tito_66

tito_66

any help plzzzz

tito_66, Jul 14, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. tito_66

WAW8

Most likely, somewhere along the line, you installed a third-party USB driver that is now causing problems. You need to read through our pinned post on removing drivers from Vista, see if you can located that driver and remove it. If you are successful, the next time you insert a USB stick, Vista will prompt for drivers. Instead of allowing it to search locally, have it search Windows Update. That way, it will download and install the generic USB driver.

WAW8, Jul 14, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question