I have an audio issue with vista (I need help)

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by gav, May 7, 2007.

1. gav

gav

I have a huge library of dvd's so I transfer allot of my favorites to my pc with fabdvd. When I used windows media center 2005 I had no issues. Now though with the upgrade to vista I have a strange sound issue. First I had a problem with them not showing up on the media center. I got that fixed by reading the forums and finding out how to open up the dvd library option in media center. My issue is I can here every sound in a movie the music the backgrounds sounds but I can't hear voices. If I use an outside player with the vob file it plays great. The problem is only on the media center. I tried drivers codecs everything I could think of but still no change.

gav, May 7, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. gav

Quiksilver

Sounds to me like you have 5.1 surround turned on but no 5.1 setup on your computer, so the main speech which is normally directed towards the center speaker, isnt coming out as you dont have it. Im not sure about the option, but you need to set it to a 2 channel setup say, and see how it goes from there.

Quiksilver, May 8, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. gav

gav

yep you're right quick..

here is how to fix it if anyone has the issue.

You should check your playback device isnt configured to use 5 speakers. Right click the sound icon near the clock. Playback devices. Select your speakers, press configure, and change it to stereo.

crabby....

gav, May 8, 2007
  4. gav

Quiksilver

Sorted :)

Quiksilver, May 8, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question