i forgot my user login password!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by beezer12, Jun 21, 2008.

1. beezer12

beezer12

i have vist home on my laptop and i forgot my password to logon to the laptop. i obviously am not tech savvy, so please lend me a hand. how do i get it back! i am so lost right now. i bought the laptop 3 weeks ago and shortly thereafter i went on a trip. when i got back home, i had a total brain fart and could not remember what my login password is. please please please, somebody point me in the right direction.

beezer12, Jun 21, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. beezer12

WAW8

I'm presuming that you never went to the trouble to create a password reset disc, so at this point, you will have to purchase a third-party product to do this, and you need another computer that can burn CDs -- because you will have to make your own password reset boot disc. BTW, you will NOT be able to recover your password; instead, you will be able to blank your password so that you can login and set a new one.

If you're interested, the link below is a starting point:

[url]http://itsvista.com/2007/04/i...our-lost-vista-password-without-a-reset-disc/ [/url]

WAW8, Jun 21, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. beezer12

Jordus

You could try downloading and burning the UBCD for windows, though i dont know if it works with Vista yet or not.

another free one is ophcrack. Again dont know if its vista tested or not.

Jordus, Jun 21, 2008
  4. beezer12

Ryanc229

Is it XP or doesnt vista have a backdoor login?

Something like pressing ctrl alt delete at the logon screen, and theres no password?

Ryanc229, Aug 3, 2008
  5. beezer12

WAW8

What would be the point of making Vista more secure if such an obvious back-door were available?? In answer to your question -- no.

WAW8, Aug 3, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question