I cant burn videos to my cds from Gametrailers.com that I downloaded.

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by youngunz09, Oct 29, 2008.

1. youngunz09

youngunz09

It really sucks that I cant burn these videos on my cd. I watch it any time I want because it is in my mothers room,well anyway, if you have a way please tell me.

youngunz09, Oct 29, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. youngunz09

MafiaLord91

How large are the files that you want to burn? How are you attempting to burn the videos? Do you get any error messages? Being vague does not help us figure out your problem.

MafiaLord91, Oct 30, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. youngunz09

WAW8

It's been two days since your original post. If you won't give us any answers, we can't give you any help ...

WAW8, Oct 31, 2008
  4. youngunz09

youngunz09

Sorry I was too busy.error code saying missing media usage rights.if it dont have media usage rights how come they let me download it.as i said before it sucks!now i have responded. thats is all i know

youngunz09, Nov 5, 2008
  5. youngunz09

WAW8

Your error message indicates that built-in Vista DRM (Digital Rights Management) is hard at work. This means that the video is protected by DRM, typically done to copyright something to protect it's further distribution. This often happens with news media videos where you can stream them to watch them, but you either can't download (they've disable the right-click function to select Save) or they've protected them so that after you do download them, you can't burn them.

DRM is built into Vista, and AFAIK, can not be disabled. You would need to get a third party burning product and see if that will work. However, Nero, Roxio, and other well-known commercial products also have DRM built into them. You could try ImageBurn, but I haven't used it and don't know if it will work.

WAW8, Nov 5, 2008
  6. youngunz09

MafiaLord91

An easier way might be to copy the files to a Windows XP machine and then burn from that machine. Although I don't know what the legality of that is.

MafiaLord91, Nov 6, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question