I can no longer print wirelessly from my Vista laptop to printer shared by a Mac

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by Cheapster, May 2, 2011.

1. Cheapster

Cheapster

The printer still works on the Mac to which it is connected, and the Windows Vista laptop uses the same wireless broadband. File sharing prefs look good on the Mac but I'm a Windows novice and have got nowhere with onboard help.
    It may be worth noting that I posted the same question on Microsoft Answers a few days ago but have been unable to respond to the following reply because of dead links:
    (There was a link to a Vista help page but, as a newbie, I am not allowed to post links. However pasting Troubleshoot network printer problems into the search at Windows homepage should take you there)

My responses to this helpful individual would have been: 1. No; 2. "Windows cannot print due to an error with the current printer setup."
    I followed as much of their advice as I could understand and learned the following:

Network Connections diagnosis "Windows could find no problem"

Network Sharing connections
    Network Discovery: Custom
    File Sharing: On
    Public Folder Sharing: Off
    Printer Sharing: On (password required)
    Password Protected Sharing: On
    Media Sharing: Off

The printer is visible to the Windows laptop at Control Panel>Network>Laptop>Printers

Cheapster, May 2, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question