hpste08.exe and hpqtra08.exe are safe to disable?

Discussion in 'Performance & Tweaks' started by ocetalo, Dec 28, 2008.

1. ocetalo

ocetalo

As far as I know they bring support for HP Imaging devices. I have Windows Vista Home Premium on an Acer Aspire 5100 laptop, a simple HP Deskjet D1460 printer and no scanners or something alike installed. I want to disable or set to manual but I'm afraid of further consequences. What do you recommend?

Thanks in advance. God bless you.

ocetalo, Dec 28, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. ocetalo

WAW8

One thing I noticed about HP is that installing their printers using THEIR software often results in a LOT of stuff you don't want or need.

If you have an installation CD, or otherwise have their software available (for Vista), and I'm presuming that your HP printer is being connected locally to your PC via USB port, I would remove the printer, uninstall the HP software, plug in the printer, and let Vista install the drivers for the printer. That way, you should get the minimal stuff needed to use the printer, not a bunch of "imaging" add-ons from HP.

WAW8, Jan 3, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question