How to uninstall Intellipoint 2.2 from Vista?

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by PapaDave, Feb 19, 2007.

1. PapaDave

PapaDave

Has anyone else run into the issue of not being able to uninstall Intellitype 2.2? I ran the Vista Compatibility tool before installing Vista Ultimate, but I figured since I was running XP at the time, I'd just uninstall it once Vista finished upgrading. I had the new driver for Vista (ITP32Eng.exe) ready, so didn't see an issue.

Wrong! Vista won't let me uninstall the old driver because it has issues with Vista. The new driver won't install over the existing version. I tried deleting the files and removing all registry entries for "intellitype" (backed up registry before hand) on the off chance that I might then be able to install the new driver. No way.

Any insights would be apprciated.....Thanx

PapaDave, Feb 19, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. PapaDave

Vester

I don't have the answer, but you aren't the only one with the problem. Here's a topic at AumHa Forums.

Vester, Feb 23, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. PapaDave

DanMan32

I had the same problem and finally solved it.

In reality, I was trying to install a replacement for IntelliPoint, not realizing that IntelliType was the problem. Even when I did realize this, I couldn't get it off. I tried deleting files, deleting reg entries, nothing.

I came across Installer Cleaner: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

I ran it and initially didn't see anything since I was focusing on IntelliPoint. But once I removed IntelliType, I was able to successfully run the Vista version of IntelliPoint.

Now I get a DLL error when selecting the key settings tab in the Keyboard CPL.

Any ideas about that?

DanMan32, Apr 28, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question