how to send emails

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by puddleduck228, Feb 1, 2010.

1. puddleduck228

puddleduck228

hi all, im new to computer so dont know much about them, my problem is

i can send my family & friends emails but when i want to send one to a business it wont let me, ie, i wanted to book a caravan but i cant send email,it asks who my server is also what pop3 is or imam or html i dont know what this means or who they are, can you please help?

thanks

puddleduck228, Feb 1, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. puddleduck228

WAW8

I don't know how you're attempting to do this but basically, you can't send email to a person or a company; instead, you send email to a mail server. These are generally identified with the "@" sign. For example, to send email to Fred Jones at hotmail, you would send it to Fred.Jones@hotmail.com. The "hotmail.com" is the name of the mail server, the "@" sign indicates that it is for email.

IF you're trying to send mail to an internet address (i.e., http://companyname.com) that won't work because that's not an email address.

This means you have to get the email address of the company in order to send them mail.

WAW8, Feb 2, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question