how to reinstall Vista on partition

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by fabpozzi, Sep 24, 2012.

1. fabpozzi

fabpozzi

Hello everybody,
    I have a pc with double boot Vista/Ubuntu11.10 (Vista Home Edition, installed first). Both have worked pretty well for a long time, but I would make a clean reinstall of Vista that now has become really messy. I have the original installation disk, but I don't know what is the correct procedure to reinstall Vista in its existing partition without destroying the Linux partition. Can anyone help me?
    Thanks!

fabpozzi, Sep 24, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. fabpozzi

ClarkTNTien

:)When you re-install, it will ask you which partition you would like to re-install on. You just select the Windows partition. Then, it will place your current Windows into an old file while setting up a completely new one. Hope that works for you.

If it is a restore disc, you do not need a product-key. However, if it is the official Microsoft Windows Vista you buy somewhere with a product key, you will need to call Microsoft and tell them that you need it activated. It is pretty easy, you'll see what I mean if you have this version. Make sure you select activate over the telephone instead of online. Please have your authentic product key on hand.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
    ClarkTNTien, Sep 24, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question