How to Enable wallpaper on second monitor on login/logon screen ?

Discussion in 'Sidebar & GUI Customization' started by netsick, Dec 7, 2008.

1. netsick

netsick

Hi,

I have used the various tools etc.. (Resource hacker / LogonStudio etc..) to alter the logon screen wallpaper but none of them appear to allow you to set a wallpaper for the second monitor.

Once logged in I manage my desktop wallpaper with Ultramon. This works fine for the desktop once logged in but as soon as you lock the pc or reboot and the welcome/logon screen appears the second monitor just shows a black background.

Is there anyway to have two seperate wallpapers for the logon/welcome screenOR even just one stretched image that stretches over the primary and secondary ?

I can move my mouse etc.. over to the second monitor when the welcome/logon screen is showing so I know that it can at least display something. Plus the screensaver shows on both displays aswell if you wait on the welcome/login screen so it sounds like its possible.

Any ideas ? Does anyone else's welcome screen show a wallpaper on both monitors ?

Thanks

netsick, Dec 7, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. netsick

okayo0

As a counterpoint to this question, something you may not have considered, logon screen images are sometimes not such a good idea.

If you ever perform remote support, or your users log in remotely using Remote Desktop Connection (or a similar alternative) then you'll have plenty of time to regret that logon screen image while you wait for it to paint the screen

okayo0, Dec 30, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question