How do I find out if my copy of Vista is registered?

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Adileader, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Adileader

Adileader

You will find the question above! :D

I installed Vista and it is runnig fine...but I would like to know how to find out if it is registered. I was promted to enter a legit code but I installed without that. Can I enter the code now?

Adileader, Jan 24, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. Adileader

WAW8

You mean "registered" or "activated"? "Registration" is telling MS that you own a particular copy of Vista. "Activation" is having entered a legit product key.

If you didn't enter a product key when you installed, you have 30 days from the date of installation to "activate" Vista. You're required to "activate" the product, or eventually, Vista will drop into Reduced Functionality Mode -- which will render your machine all but useless.

You're not required to "register" the product.

To see if it's "activated", Click the Start button, right-click Computer, select Properties.

Down near the bottom of the panel, there is a section entitled Windows Activation. It will show the status and, if not activated, how many days you have left to activate.

To activate, right-click Computer again, select Properties, and click "Click here to Activate Windows now"

WAW8, Jan 24, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question