how can i switch beetween multiple monitors

Discussion in 'Sidebar & GUI Customization' started by rh00667, Mar 12, 2012.

1. rh00667

rh00667

i would appreciate your help/coments on this - i didn't find any good answer in internet

- in my pc (vista), it was configured the nvidia video card to have 2 monitors, the 2nd is the extension of the first (i didn't know this)
    - i have only ONE screen connected
    - it seems that i pressed some combination of keys, so my screen showed the 2nd one, of course empty, no start button, task bar, icons ....
    - the first time i thinked that computer crashes, the mouse was moving, but i couldn't do nothing. so i decided restart.
    - yesterday, the same problem, i touched some combination of keys and the problem again. then i understand the problems of the monitors, i restarted the pc, and configured for only one monitor.

BUT

now i'm interested, how can i change the screens, that is, have 2 monitors configured, and change in my only REAL monitor, the monitor 1 (normal screen) and the monitor 2 (extended one) in that way i can play with 2 screens with only one monitor

which are the combination of hotkeys i pressed by error, and changed the monitors in my screen?

tks in advance

rh00667, Mar 12, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. rh00667

WAW8

No -- know of no way to have two separate screens displayed at the same time, but only one monitor.

There are apps out there that will allow you to have multiple desktops -- but basically, you're toggling between them.

WAW8, Mar 13, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. rh00667

rh00667

ok, tks, BUT please note that i pressed by error some combination of keys, and the extended 2nd monitor appeared in my screen, with the win backwall, NO icons, and NO task bar, the mouse moved ok, when move to the right stopped at limit, but when moved to the left, seems goes more (to the first screen). it seems that the primary monitor, SWAPPED in my only monitor with the extended 2nd monitor ?????

rh00667, Mar 13, 2012
  4. rh00667

WAW8

When you go into Display in Control Panel, does it have options that allow you to swap back the screens?

If not, something you can try is, with the power turned off, disconnect the screen you don't want to be primary and restart the PC. If this works, you will have reset the display. Then, restart the PC with both monitors connected. It should still retain the primary display as set earlier.

WAW8, Mar 14, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question