How can I set the default photo downloader to MS Office Picture Manager?

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by storm, Jun 28, 2007.

1. storm

storm

Since I'm used to using MS Office Picture Manager to edit my photos right after I download them, I would love to have my Dell laptop automatically download my photos with it. But when I try to modify the AutoPlay feature, MSOPM isn't offered as a choice. When I select a batch of photos from within Windows Photo Gallery to edit with MSOPM, a separate window opens up for each photo--what an inconvenience (When I'm finished editing a bunch of photos, I Save my work, but end up having to separately close each photo-window). Does anyone know how I can solve this problem? Thank you!

storm, Jun 28, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. storm

kingofnexus

Go to the start menu and type "Default Programs" and press enter (without quotes). You cam change program defaults and file assosiations in there.

kingofnexus, Jul 1, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. storm

storm

Thank you! That Associate a File Type... section is awesome!

storm, Jul 1, 2007
  4. storm

storm

Well, I changed all of the extensions associations that were for Windows Photo Gallery to MS Office Picture Manager (except for Icons extension--computer wouldn't let me change it, and I suspect I don't need to anyway), restarted the computer, and it didn't work. Photos were still uploaded using WPG. MS Office Picture Manager is not listed in the Set Your Default Programs section, so it seems that I couldn't do anything there.

But I value learning a little bit more about my laptop! Is there anything else I can do? Can I add MS Office Picture Manager to the list of changeable programs in that Set Your Default Programs window?

storm, Jul 1, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question