Hope this Helps Clear out old to stop crashes on ie9

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Vista4, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Vista4

Vista4

Hi All ive been having some issues with ie9 with apphang or something like that < Having read the net and help nothing appears to be solution so i have found this helps.. : start type temp click on temp (top one under programs) highlight em all delete all . dont worry if u cant delete all some u may need to skip due to program being open on your system . next do the same but type %temp% you will find some new ones here delete them too. ok you cant delete them all ( some are your security or email programs that are working or amazon music if u have that ) Ok Next ::type in prefetch now this 1 stores a lot of crap and u have to click ok on 2 security warnings/admin rights 1st .so u may be thinking can i delete these yes you can BUT 1 is there that you CANNOT delete right at the top is a folder called READYBOOT dont delete that one but the other 50-100 or more files u have on there yes u can delete them JUST NOT READY BOOT . any problems i get with internet this is what i do . nearly a year of doing this not 1 problem after . please not ie does run a little slow for 6 mins after whilst it works out what u want to do on it but after that all ok i run these 3 at least once a week . dont know if i should but no probs so far :) and PC runs sweeter than my wife :)

Vista4, Sep 29, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question