Home Basic to Business Editions

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Mike B, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Mike B

Mike B

I have just upgraded from Home Basic to Business Editions - all has gone well - but where are all my documents ? - and my email settings and emails ?

I have upgraded as I was unable to see a CD full of JPEG pictures - simply did not show the files (I had to use XP to resolve the issue and contuinue with work) also I could not run certain programs (best example is Spider Solitaire) - program simply will not run (5 seconds of hourglass and then nothing)

Please someone shed some light on what Vista is doing to me - I have a feeling it is security gone absolutely gone mad. I had hoped to change one XP machine for the new vista - but with Vista and Office2007 - the whole thing is unusable !

Dell Vostro 2Gb/250Gb /Vista Business/Office2007

Mike B, Nov 18, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Mike B

kingofnexus

Sounds like a bad install. Also your hard drive might not be in too good condition.

Go into command prompt as administrator, and check your hd for errors using the following:

chkdsk c: /f

Allow it to restart your computer. It may help the situation. You probably need to do a reinstall of vista. Upgrades are always bad ideas. Best bet is to install a clean copy of vista using the upgrade disc and entering no cd key. Then upgrade the clean copy with the cd key that came with the upgrade disc.

kingofnexus, Nov 18, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question