HI, l am trying to run kings quest 8 on vista, can you help?

Discussion in 'Gaming Support' started by Aharon, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Aharon

Aharon

Hi from australia everyone. Basically the situation is l am trying to see if l can run kings quest 8 on windows vista 32-bit, (i'm using vista business). I bought the old classic sierra games for xp and including kings quest 1-7 which worked well, but l bought kings quest 8 about 5 years ago and i'm only playing it now (or trying to). There seems to be nothing on how to run it on vista on google, could l get any updates/patches? Any answers would be really great.

Thanks in advance (alot)

aaron

p.s. i've already tried compatibility mode and it didn't work, and some info on my computer is below.

Hp Laptop

2.00 gb of ram

2.00 gh

vista business

120 gb hard drive,

anymore questions feel free to ask. :)

Aharon, Jan 5, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. Aharon

GerryW

Hi, managed to get KQ8: Mask of Eternity running on Vista 64-bit. Download the "Microsoft Virtual PC 2007" from the MS Download Center, install and configure for Windows XP (you'll probably want to increase the Virtual PC (VPC) RAM to something reasonable, say 1GB and assign a decent size Virtual PC Disk allocation).

Grab your old Windows XP Install Disk and a large coffee as you install XP in the VPC environment (note: Right <ALT> + N gets the cursor out of VPC and back to Vista, if you want to do some other tasks, or you don't have coffee).

After XP has installed and you've entered all the configuration details, you now have XP running under Vista (again ... I'm running Vista 64-bit!) and can install KQ8: MoE as per normal. Don't forget to pull down the KQ8 patch from one of the Game sites.

Everything seems to be working, ok, so the screen size is fairly small but ... Connor is running around :)

GerryW, Jan 12, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question