Hi - does Vista frustrate you as much as me?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by y_not, Apr 29, 2007.

1. y_not

y_not

Hi, I've just registered on the forum.

Have to confess that it's mainly because of the frustrations of Vista and my need for some help and advice but I'll post those questions later.

Cheers for now

y_not

(a very backward ton_y)

y_not, Apr 29, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. y_not

suerrr

im new to this site, and i can say hand on heart its as difficult to get around as vista:w00t:

I posted yesterday, can i find it? can i heck:w00t::ermm:wish id have stopped with xp, ive enquired about changing back to xp cant afford it:crying:

suerrr, May 22, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. y_not

Jason

Welcome!

Jason, May 22, 2007
  4. y_not

kingofnexus

Welcome to the forums.

I just want to point out that vista is far better than XP. If you encounter problems they can always be fixed, it may seem vista is more unstable however its just the current state of drivers and being unlucky enough to actually have a problem, many users have not and hopefully will not encounter any problems with the new OS.

kingofnexus, May 22, 2007
  5. y_not

VistaRocks

Your post and another. Now that wasnt to hard:). Welcome to the forum.:)

VistaRocks, May 22, 2007
  6. y_not

suerrr

Sorry to come on sounding so negative, as a "silver surfer" ive only just got used to xp,:w00t: my printer wont work with it, it was only a cheap lexmark so i gave it away, need another one now but keep hearing stories about having problems installing them

Dont want to contradict, (you obviously know more than me) but everyone i speak to about vista seem to be having problems one way or another mine being i cant play any music off the radio stations, someone said i need to down load "realplayer" went on the realplayer site, but they dont recognise vista,so i couldnt download it

Also went to my local PC WORLD about a printer, they told me none of theirs are compatable with vista, so why sell vista computers then:w00t:

Seems as if im going round and round in circles:crazy:

suerrr, May 23, 2007
  7. y_not

Goffee

While I'm impressed by some of the new tweaks, I hate the fact I still see the same old error messages and problems - stuff that should have been fixed from XP.

My biggest shock came when I reinstalled XP on a Vista PC - the speed of XP was phenomenal, Vista seemed like crawling around in glue after that - okay it wasn't the newest machine in the universe but it was a very strange sensation

Goffee, May 23, 2007
  8. y_not

cyclic

I did post a solution to the no radio problem (download a radio gadget from MS works just fine and takes almost no resources unlike the ghastly Realplayer, it and Quicktime don't get hard drive space on any PC I build) if you really need anything other than what is natively supported and available at the click of a mouse button get a copy of winamp or simply 'google' for Radio whatever and you'll find a direct link to the on air station and a very handy 'add to favorites' button. Nobody believes what PC world tells them, the principle is simple, they can't tell you anything 'cos they don't know anything, almost no-one sells printers that are not Vista compatible anymore, people wouldn't buy them, I have just looked up the online list of printers at PCW and am unable to find one that is specifically not Vista compatible, I suggest you shop somewhere else for hardware, or look at the packaging of the printer there will be a printed panel telling you clearly which operating systems it's for, many have the Vista Logo on as a direct selling featurebut if there ai absolutely anywhere in the world you can shop for hardware then go there, if PCW was the only choice almost nobody would have a working PC. I personally repair (usually with minor, easy diagnosed faults) many PCW PC's that some poor sod has had backwards and forwards to them for weeks at £30 or more a time with no 'fixes' whatever, if you're very lucky you might get one of what they call 'the tech. guys', excuse me while I cry laughing for a minute, who may know a few rudimentary points about PC's but generally they are totally inept, I couls bore you with many, many tales of circumstances seen and heard in our local PCW store that would make your hair curl.

If you can find your last post I gave you direct instructions on how to get a radio gadget and just as a by the by I too am a silver surfer, figures show that almost 60% of daytime PC and Net users are so we wont have any running yourself down cos your a silver Sue, everyone was a newbie once, even Bill Gates !

cyclic, May 24, 2007
  9. y_not

suerrr

Hiya, and thanks for that, i will look for my other post:p that's a laugh, (im not very good at this)

So if i bought a printer from say, Argos it would be compatible with Vista?, just saying them as they've got a few good bargains on now;) I looked on Argos website at a cannon printer, clicked on details and it just said up to windows xp, nothing about Vista. You said you "build" computers (i think) so you must be a much more clever "silver surfer" than me (doesnt take much though):p

Sue

suerrr, May 24, 2007
  10. y_not

suerrr

Thanks, ive found your message. Sue

suerrr, May 24, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question