Helping Speech Recognition Learn

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by rykey, Nov 19, 2007.

1. rykey

rykey

New to Speech Recognition and have a couple questions.

1) I've done the built-in Vista tutorial for SR. It works pretty well and I'm having a lot of fun so far. But is there a place where I can find "advanced" text to read into SR? The text the tutorial offered was very limited (only a few sentences to read into the software); any extended-length scripts (i.e., text to read, not computer scripts) I can read to further teach SR my voice?

2) Sometimes I'll say exactly what I should to give commands (e.g., "Back" or "Show numbers"), but SR won't recognize my command. Is there a way to tell SR, "Hey, you know that command I just gave that you didn't understand? I was saying 'X'"?

rykey, Nov 19, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. rykey

kingofnexus

Don't really know how to really help it learn better. I myself gave up on it as a bad job after a infuriating day of trying to get it to work. I think it must only work for americans, the moreI try articulate my voice into a proper english the worse it seems to get. If I try to slur my words into an american accent it works better. Only thing really to do is keep using it and hopefully it'll learn itself.

kingofnexus, Nov 20, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question