Help with IBM computer

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by luch81, Oct 31, 2005.

1. luch81

luch81

I have an IBM R51 laptop. It is a school laptop that is password accessed. When I start up windows, it takes an extremely long time to even allow me to put in my password. I have no programs in my start menu or even in my registry for startup. Also, I am having difficulty when I try to access old microsoft office word documents. When I open a document, it says "this document could not be registered. It will not be possible to create links from other documents to this document". I've never seen this before. One further comment; I went through each individual tweak that appears on this site, and manually tweaked my computer. Also, I purchased the tweak utility thinking it did the tweaking for me (since I got a new computer), but it didn't. Can someone tell me the best utility and method for my computer to have the BEST performance and speed? I feel like i spent 30 for nothing. HELP!! thank you.

luch81, Oct 31, 2005
    1. Advertisements

2. luch81

Jason

Im not sure but sometimes when opening old versions of word in a new version of word you have to select some kind of compatibility. Check google. Worst case get your files off and reinstall the OS and word. This is a windows vista forum so I cant help much.

Jason, Nov 22, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question