Help - Windows live photo gallery

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by QuestionMan, Sep 24, 2009.

1. QuestionMan

QuestionMan

I edited some photographs using windows live photo gallery in Vista, then tried to upload them to one of the websites that provide online ordering of prints, however, once the photos were uploaded they show in their original format and therefore do not show the edited versions.

The help guide on WLPG simply states that once you have edited a photo, lets say for example, mae it B&W, you then simply move to another photo to auto save the image, which I have done, so it is not as if the changes are not saved. And they show up when viewed in WLPG.

I rang the company, Photobox, which I was trying to use i they do not what the problem is.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

QuestionMan, Sep 24, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. QuestionMan

abunoah

Bump... having the same problem, however, it appears to be limited to IE. When I go to upload a photo in *cough* Firefox *cough* the problem does not manifest.

If viewed through Windows Live Photo Gallery one sees the edited photo. If viewing the same filesthrough file uploaders/requesters popped upin IEone sees the unedited version and that's the version which gets uploaded. It is possible to cycle through "views" in the uploader, get the desired edited version to display, but it still uploads the original version.

On a possibly related note, autoplay stopped working recently. Not sure if a recent"update" maybe added some features, hopefully a future update will remove that feature.

abunoah, Jan 28, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question