HELP! Windows has frozen my lap-top and need to access itunes to retrieve iPhone data

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by bad, Mar 27, 2012.

1. bad

bad

Lost my iPhone a few months back and have just got a replacement.

In the meantime my laptop has stopped working.

I'm running Vista Home Premium. When i boot up i get as far as entering my password then it locks up. The screen goes blank, the mouse cursor is visible and movable but I cannot right click and get any anything to happen. When I hit ctrl-alt-del to bring up the task manager, nothing happens for several minutes and then I get an error message Titled:

Login process has failed to create the security options dialog

With a dialog message of:

Failure - Security Options

At that point the only remedy is a hard shutdown. I can restart in safe mode but i cant delete any files in safe mode. reading this forum i suspect it may be something to do with windows defender.

Not really bothered that much about fixing this lap top because i have a better one now but my itunes info is trapped on the defective machine.

Would really appreciate any advice.

Cheers

bad, Mar 27, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. bad

WAW8

Don't have an iPhone, so don't know first-hand, but a while back, I helped someone else "migrate" their iTunes repository from one PC to another. There are apps out there that will allow you to export the repository to an external drive. Once you have that, you can then import the repository to another PC.

There are also ways that you can connect the drive containing the repository to another PC, copy over the files involved, and retain everything. Once again, I don't know the details, but if you can't get the PC working well enough to install anything, this may be what you have to do.

WAW8, Mar 27, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question